11 January 2011

'I think she's American!'

That is what I heard yesterday in my first lecture. We were told to organise ourselves into groups and discuss Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. I was in the awkward position where there were empty seats on either side of me, making it a bit challenging to pair up with someone. Before I knew it, backs were facing me and well, I'm just a bit shy at times. The assignment wasn't hard at all: In fact, it was quite simple and I did just fine by myself. Overall, my first day of lectures was rather light, besides running all over campus trying to schedule modules. I couldn't register one because the department was closed, and then the other one was full. My luck.


The following day I had to furthermore schedule even more modules! It's not like you just go on OZone or something similar and schedule them-you physically go to the department and ask to take it. It's so very bothersome, but I guess that's just what needs to be done. Here is my timetable:

M: France and the Francophone World 14:00-16:00
W: Polite & Plebeian: 18th Century England 9:00-13:00
Th: Policing Culture, Policing the Nation 10:00-13:00
      Introduction to Ancient History: Greece 14:00-16:30

No comments:

Post a Comment