26 January 2011

Kangaroos hit by a Carr

Today is Australia Day and to celebrate it, I headed to the Walkabout in Covent Garden where I had a roo burger. Since it was Australia Day, the restaurant was packed with Aussies and I was clearly the only non-Australian. I tried to blend in but I didn't even want to try and butcher the accent. I have listened to enough Hamish & Andy that I should be able to mimic the accent, but I just can't. I have tried and failed (except when I sing We are better than U2 by Hamish & Andy). I didn't want to look like a stupid Yank so I kept my mouth shut. Below is a photo of the restaurant:

Below is the delicious kangaroo burger I had for lunch. The meat was not what I remembered from when I was in Sydney a few years back and I bit into it like a hamburger. The last time I had kangaroo I had a steak knife and it was in the form of a filet. I didn't remember the roo being hard to pull apart, so I took it off the bun and ate it that way to avoid embarrassment from getting BBQ sauce all over myself. 

After my delicious meal I headed toward Oxford Circus to pay a visit to Vodafone and French Connection (Sorry, mom). On my way there, I ran into the one and only, Jimmy Carr.
Why didn't I get a photo of myself with him or at least one of him? Here's how the encounter happened:
I was on the corner of Henrietta and Strand when I saw a man coming toward me. I thought nothing of it and when I got closer, I thought he looked familiar. I kept staring at him like a lunatic and when I got closer, I realised who it was: Jimmy Carr. He smiled at me and we went our separate ways. The street corner wasn't crowded and so yes, it would've been obvious for me to whip out my camera and take a photo. He would've noticed and that would've been awkward. I suppose I could've stopped him, but I was too nervous. Think what you want, but I did see Jimmy Carr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment